Monday, June 11, 2012

BRB...going to India

I write this post from gate 34 in the GSO airport.  I'll boarding soon for my 2 pm flight, i've got about 22 hours of flight time. I stop in ATL, then AMS (Amsterdam), then BOM (Mumbai), then finally I will be in Ahmedabad, India! I get there at 2:50 AM on June 13.

So a quick update: I'm already failing. I left my Malaria and Typhoid medications at home, my bag was 71 pounds when I got here which resulted in me having to check yet another bag. And my nail polish fell out of my backpack and broke when I got to my gate.

I shall not be discouraged!


Next post you'll see from me will be when I finally arrive in India!

Wish me luck!

Leigh

2 comments:

  1. ok dear, so here is the most important advice you are going to get for your adventures in india --- ready? ok --- so no matter what, remember, if india is involved, more often then not, things will not go according to plan whatsoever. in fact, things will go ridiculously wrong. but there is some beauty in this and how it will change you as a person, and show you things about yourself you didnt know were there, good and bad. BUT, you will soon, if not eventually over time, develop the ability to heartily laugh at these situations, without any animosity or annoyance, but embrace them. crazy right?? SO, remember this my dear, and when such unfortunate events occur, think of my advice -- i know it can make a world of a difference. you will see :) love you dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooo not the nail polish!!

    ReplyDelete